Monday, February 16, 2009

A day out with my mom and we headed to the beach

Last week I took my mom to appointments in the town south of us and we headed towards to beach after, our beaches are a little in disrepair from the hurricanes and north Easters we have had in the past 4 years, one of the nicest beaches is closed, the dunes had been ruined and the walk ways, and the parking lot, but we did find a few Beach's to stop at and one even had a ramp, I pushed my mom up the ramp in her wheel chair and down to the beach to see the gorgeous ocean, my current wall paper and title picture is from that day last week, February 10Th, 2009.


birds

This is an island in the Indian River, between the main land and the island at the Ocean, a bunch of birds, looked like mostly Sea gulls hanging out. I am sure the island is only there for low tide, the inlet is just south of this area.

Osprey

Another Bird I spotted in a tree on the River's edge, an Osprey, he was in a dead tree, I have never seen them before this year, and NOW I spot them all over our area, it is nice to know these big birds are making a come back.

kite

There was also some Kite surfers in the water, this one was the closest to us.

Here is the rest of my pictures from that day. I just love the blue water and the blue sky together.
My pictures.

I am heading out of town for the rest of the week.

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment