Friday, January 9, 2009

A beautiful Winter Day


Yesterday was a beautiful winter day in Sunny South Florida, I ran errands then head to maybe the beach, but I stopped at the Manatee Center in Ft Pierce, it was built because the Ft Pierce Power Utilities used water from the Indian River to cool the turbines, and let go warm water. Manatee need to keep warm when it cools down, they would collect at the outlet by the 10-30's to keep warm. The Manatee center was built and the Power company closed down the plant.

So now sometimes the manatee still go there, I stopped and there was some manatee noses peaking out, they pop their heads up to breath, then go back under the water, I think I saw 4 total manatee.

Then I walked about the area and took pictures of the Indian River and the birds and bridge the other side of the bridge is the inlet to go out to the Atlantic Ocean. It is a very peaceful place.





A Sea gull fishing


a Heron fishing


a Pelican fishing as he is flying




A fishing Boat




A Sea gull

No comments:

Post a Comment